Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Finally Standing Up for Myself.

I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer but guys stink.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Shame on me for letting you fool me over and over. Shame on me for believing you could change.

My good friend at Little Miss Bootyful once told me that guys don't change their ways, they just get better at hiding them. I have finally learned this...3 months later.

I started dating a boy when I was 16 and we have on and off for 4 1/2 years. We got engaged in 2011 and 11 months later broke it off. We continued to talk until today. Today is the day I am finally standing up for myself. I am walking away from this relationship. I have been fooled, lied too, cheated on, and have been made promises that were never intended to keep. I have tried walking away before but have always thought if I tried harder, maybe it could work out. I tried so hard to make things work while he didn't.

"No, it's not me, it's YOU"

Is it so wrong to want to be chosen over friends once in awhile? I have been made to think my expectations are so high and wrong but I have come to realize that they aren't. Expecting someone to love you unconditionally, treat you right by not lying, cheating, or making you a fool is NOT wrong at all.

I have been thinking a lot and I finally decided to listen to my head instead of my heart. (Corny saying, I know...)

Just thinking of dating is scaring the shit out of me. There are so many creeps out there. Not that I plan on dating soon haha I know I won't let this relationship ruin my future ones. I will take this as a learning experience to realize that I am worth it. Someday, I will find that guy who will treat me with respect and love me unconditionally.

Well, ladies..just think. I saved $500 by not buying a plane ticket to visit him. Yipppieee.

My engagement pictures are staring me in the face right now as I type this...bahaha

Live, Love, Laugh, Learn.

I think everyone should tell me a bad date they have had sometime in their lives! Ready, Set, Goooo :)

Thanks for reading... xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment