Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars

I am on my second day of eating gluten-free. I went grocery shopping today and it was difficult!! I was definitely not prepared so I will have to do more research on what is gluten-free and what is not.


Today was my dad's birthday so we made his favorite pumpkin bars. It was easy to turn into gluten-free. Lately, I have always been forgetting to take a before picture so I apologize that my pictures stink, but it really did taste delicious!
My pic taking skills need work.



Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups pumpkin
  • 2 cups gluten-free* flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. soda
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
Directions:
Mix eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin. Add dry ingredients. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 min.

The recipe says to use a 9 x 13 pan, but I usually double the batch and use a large baking pan.

Frosting ingredients:
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 6 T butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. milk
Directions:
  • Cream all ingredients together and spread evenly.

*Just substitute regular flour in, if you have no problems with gluten. :)

This recipe came from my mom's 1990-1992 Woman's Club Cookbook. I was just a wee little thing ;)

I am surprised at some of the foods gluten is in. Unfortunately, there is a lot of gluten-free candy so I am working on cutting candy almost totally out of my diet and finding a healthy balance.


 Linking up with Ashley and Jessica!

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! These look so delicious!! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete