Friday, April 12, 2013

Vacation Recap


I have mixed feelings about my vacation overall. So beware of the "Negative Nancy" that is about to emerge.

Don't get me wrong...I loved being in California. I didn't love being 45 min away from the beach.

I didn't love that I saw zero cute guys. I mean none, zilch, nada. I'm a single gal, give me a break ;)

 
Vegas was fun. I definitely enjoyed it better last time when I got to walk on the strip and see more things. This time we went to a bar, a pool party, and a night club. Not my cup of tea. The bartenders did cool tricks but it was pricey at $20 a drink.  The pool party was full of 30+ year olds...awkward and the club was $80 a piece ($2,000 total) to sit in a tiny little booth while old men creeped on you. They charge $600 for a $20 bottle of vodka. CRAY CRAY. There was 200 people in this club and they were all nasty. Never seen so much nastiness in one place.

Clubbin'
Headed out to the bars
A girl found out I was from Iowa at the bars and passed this to me....awkward. :/



After the Clubs, looking like a hundred bucks at 4 am ha
The table next to us was older, married men. They had new ladies at their table every 10 min doing nasty things with them....uh hello, GROSS. My future man is not going to Vegas alone without me!! haha for realzzzz.

The group we went with wanted to go to an after hours club. I didn't even know those existed....they start at 4 am and go until 8 am. Like what? People really go to those?? We thought we were on the strip and were over the clubs so we started walking back to the hotel..at 4 am...alone. 2 girls alone...that should have been our first clue. Well, turns out we weren't on the strip and it was CREEPY. I'm really surprised we are still alive. I won't even go into details...if my mother knew, she would kill me.

The whole idea of going to Vegas is cool but next time, I will have a totally different trip. Different people and different agenda.

In the end, I still love the city life. I love being 5 min away from everything. I am not so crazy about the houses being so close and you can see right into the next house but I think I could deal with that. There is a certain part of California that I have visted 5 times before and I would LOVE to live there but being it's a smaller city and my ex-fiancee lives there, I think that's a bad idea :(

California was a calm, relaxing week. We walked on a couple of beaches (LOVE) and went shopping..a lot. We also went to Hollywood and walked the strip and visited the wax museum.

Had to send this to my mom right away, she loves Rocky!



Venetian Beach, CA- gross people there

Hugh and Me ;)



California special "Pazooki"- warm cookie with ice cream
In the end, I still love the city life. I love being 5 min away from everything. I am not so crazy about the houses being so close and you can see right into the next house but I think I could deal with that. There is a certain part of California that I have visted 5 times before and I would LOVE to live there but being it's a smaller city and my ex-fiancee lives there, I think that's a bad idea :(

I WILL someday move to California..It's on the top of my life goals right after getting my nursing degree :)


On another note,


Sorry it took me so stinkin' long to write this!! And I couldn't get all the pictures together so they are wacky..my bad!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment