Friday, February 21, 2014

Love Your Pet Day

Okay, close your eyes for a few seconds and pretend it's still Thursday and then continue reading.... 

It's "Love Your Pet Day."

I have been wanting a puppy these last two weeks like crazy. Unfortunately, it's $150 to adopt one from the shelter here and it's a $300 deposit plus $35/mo at my apartment. Like woahhh, never mind. I can't even afford myself. 

If I was able to get a puppy, I would obviously get a cute one but I keep going back and forth between a small dog and a big dog. 

Big dogs:
-can go on longer walks and/or runs
-can protect me against the big bad guys :P 
-will more likely be walking me vs. me walking them
-will possibly overpower me 
-will take up half or more of the bed

Small dogs:
-easy to carry around
-can sit in your lap
-can't go on long runs/walks
-has more health problems
-will fit in the bed nicely

There is more but we all get the idea... 
  Big dog choices:
2. Dalmatian - polka dots go with everything right?

Small dog choices: 



1. Yorkiepoo -  a mix between a Yorkie and a poodle
2. Pomsky- a mix between a Pomeranian and a husky

Doesn't the pomsky look like a little teddy bear?! I can't even handle it. 

 There is really a lot to think about with each type of dog though. There are so many facts on the internet that have been helpful. For example, the amount of exercise they need, if they are hyper or not, how much they shed, etc. 

Since I live in a one bedroom apartment, I think it would be easier to get a small dog for now. I would like one that doesn't shed since I am kind of a neat freak. Sometimes.  I would also like a hypoallergenic dog due to allergies.


How did you chose your dog?
Did you adopt or buy from a breeder? 



No comments:

Post a Comment